Please bring to your visit:
- Medical Insurance card & co-payment
- Completed New Patient Registration Forms
- Completed questionnaire from Office Forms page
- Physician Referral if required by your Insurance carrier
- Recent weight and height if you are not bringing your child to the visit
- Food logs (1-2 days of what you or your child has recently eaten)
I am a contracted provider with Blue Cross & Blue Shield, Tufts Health Plan, Harvard Pilgrim Health Care, Fallon, and Cigna. Check with your medical insurance carrier. Some but not all insurance companies will reimburse for Medical Nutrition Therapy (see list above). Individual plans vary in regards to coverage for nutrition services. It is the responsibility of the patient/parent to call your insurance company’s Member Services line to find out if nutrition services are are covered prior to your first visit. Ask the Member Services Representative:
- Does my plan cover outpatient nutrition counseling or Medical Nutrition Therapy?
- Does it cover outpatient nutrition counseling for my particular medical condition?
- How many visits are covered by my plan?
- Are there any limitations on my plan?
- Do I need a physician referral? Many plans, such as HMO’s, require physician referrals. If you need a physician referral please request the referral one week prior to your appointment and have the physician fax it to 855-225-2825.
- What is my co-payment amount for nutrition counseling? Nutrition counseling is sometimes considered a specialist service and the co-payment may differ from what is on your card. Please bring a copy of the front & back of your insurance card or bring your card so I can make a copy.
- For Blue Cross let the representative know that I am licensed in Massachusetts and contracted with Massachusetts Blue Cross Blue Shield.
If nutrition services are not covered by your insurance plan you will be responsible for payment.
60 minute initial visit: $125
45 minute follow up visit: $105
All service may be paid with cash, check, MasterCard, Visa, Discover, and American Express credit cards prior to the start of the service. Please make all checks payable to Linda Ghiron.
Note: credit cards require a 3% service charge. There will be a $30 charge for all returned checks.
If you are unable to keep your scheduled appointment please call or email me 24 hours before the scheduled appointment time. Late cancellations and no shows will be billed the appointment fee.